Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Starting the Final Task

My name is Maya. I am 16 years old and live in South Florida. I am now in 11th grade at Fort Lauderdale High School. I moved to this school from David Posnack Jewish Day School as a 10th grader. My favorite classes are AICE Sociology, Theater, and English. Soon I will be taking the ACT and applying to colleges, a process I am so excited to begin. Some of my favorite hobbies include theater arts and cooking. Ever since I was young, I have always loved music. Watching musicals, listening to musicals and music in general, and performing. I have also always loved cooking and baking as well as watching cooking shows. I would love to continue performing for as long as I can, even if not professionally.

Since August, I have learned a lot about the media world. Before this class I was not very good at using software to edit and create movies. While I am definitely not a professional now, I have definitely improved. I also learned how to operate cameras. I have a camera on my own at home, but I only knew how to take pictures on it, not videos. Now that I know how to maneuver that kind of hardware, I can create more projects at home. I am really excited to learn more about editing videos. During this final task we will be learning how to insert titles, something I do not know how to do. I hope that after this I will have a new knowledge on how to use certain softwares to get better at making videos. Hopefully in the future I will be able to edit faster and more efficiently.

Today I am pitching three different film ideas. I will be using the elevator pitch technique, meaning I will give a concise overview of each pitch in 25 words. Each pitch is of a different genre: romantic comedy, action, and horror.

Pitch 1: An 18-year-old boy moves from small-town Tennessee to sunny Florida, but he must tell his childhood friend he loves her, halting their futures.

Pitch 2: A quiet computer science major is called up by the special forces in an attempt to prevent biological warfare from being used by resilient terrorists.

Pitch 3: A high-school jock finds himself in a terrorizing situation after being catfished online by an ex-girlfriend as a college sorority girl wanting to meet.



No comments:

Post a Comment