Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Title Research: Art of the Title Website

For the title research portion of my final project, I will be looking at two different websites. The first website I am looking at is Art of the Title. I am looking at this website in order to find conventions for titles of horror/thriller movies. Through researching this site, I will learn about title sequence designs and how they work based on different mediums of film, television, and video games. For my final task, I will have to correctly input the titles for my film. This includes the title the film, actors, production studio, director, and more. I noticed that each film designs its title through font, editing, and color to match the theme of the film. Colors play a part in setting the theme of a movie, and are based off of their genres. A horror movie will include a lot of red, black, and gray while an action movie might include blue, white, and yellow. When it comes to font, it also depends on the genre. If it is a horror movie, the font will be red or gray and may have some sort of dripping effect or have the letters spread out. If it is a romantic movie, the font will be soft, small, and white with some sort of establishing shot as the background or right before. This site has showed me that a lot of times, the titles also reflect the time period from which the film is set in. Also, a lot of films in the past decade or two tend to be shorter, one to three words. While these conventions are not true for all, they are very common.

No comments:

Post a Comment