Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Genre Research: Horror (previous)












This is a project that I did last September. This project was actually very fun to do because I learned the conventions for the horror genre. I personally find some horror films way too scary to watch, but the genre has always appealed to me. Our directions for this project were to choose a genre and evaluate it based on the following: common lighting, common angles, common movements, elements of our genre, common sounds, mis-en-scene, examples of films, and which elements appealed or did not appeal to us. This project took us a few days because we had to hit every element of this genre, and there are many. We had to make a creative powerpoint all the elements, one slide for each. We also had to add videos and sounds which cannot be heard here because they are saved as png files, not ppt files. Researching genres is actually very interesting and I am excited for the next few. 

No comments:

Post a Comment