Thursday, January 30, 2020

Title Research: Watch the Titles Website

This is the second site I am looking at. This one is called Watch the Titles. This website is basically the same as the other one about titles. I feel like this one was much easier to navigate and find information from. I saw the same exact things as I did on the last website. I noticed that the set up of how the titles were arranged was much easier to interpret. I again noticed that the color schemes for horror movies consisted of black, red, and gray. The video lengths vary based on the films. Some may be only 42 seconds with others going up to 4 minutes. The titles must always include the name of the film, actors, production studio, director, and more. The fonts and styles of the movies also vary. Horror movies will typically be in all capital letters, large font, and some sort of creepy effect. For other genres the fonts may be small and simplistic or large and loud. Based on my research, I have found that title sequences are shorter now than movies in the past. This may be to the impatience of our society, the need for instant gratification.

No comments:

Post a Comment