Friday, January 17, 2020

Narrowing Down the Pitches

I am going to narrow down my pitches from 3 to 2 today. My first pitch was about an 18-year-old boy moving from small-town Tennessee to sunny Florida, but he must first tell his childhood best friend he loves her, messing up their futures. The second pitch is about a quiet science major who is called by the special forces in order to help save the country from a biological weapon used by terrorists. A high-school jock is put in a scary situation when his crazy ex-girlfriend kidnaps him in order to save their relationship. I've decided to remove the second pitch, the action movie with the science major. I feel like filming this would be a little bit out of my capabilities, seeing as I would not have access to the props I would probably need. Also, the other pitches I think are more my speed, meaning I'll enjoy making it more.

I think that pitch 1, the romantic comedy, would be a good film because those are popular in today's culture. I feel like this kind of story has been done before, but not as much as we think. I have definitely taken inspiration from previous romantic comedies. This is one of my favorite genres so I think I will enjoy making this. An issue I might run into is the filming in a place that looks like Tennessee. I obviously cannot fly to Tennessee to film, so I must find a place in South Florida that looks like small-town Tennessee. My idea for this pitch is to have a boy who gets into college in Florida on a soccer scholarship and has to move from Tennessee. He first has to tell his childhood best friend that he loves her. This causes them both to rethink their futures and where they will go. I think this would be fun to film. 

The second pitch I narrowed down is a thriller about a guy being cat-fished. This is something I have not really seen before, maybe only a few times. I feel like this will be fun to film because I have to pay more attention to detail. By this I mean lighting, costumes, setting, props, etc. An issue with filming this is the details. It might be hard to find the right setting and props to film a horror movie. My idea for this pitch is to have a boy meet a girl online and they plan to meet up. However, when they do meet, he finds that the girl is actually his ex-girlfriend who tricked him with a fake profile. She drugs him and tries to get him to fall back in love with her. I think this would be very gravitating for audiences. 

My final decision is to do the second pitch, the horror-thriller. I feel like while this will be harder to film, if I can get it right it can be really good. It also is much more original than the first pitch, making it more interesting to audiences; people would rather watch something new and innovative than something old and predictable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment