Thursday, December 5, 2019

Editing Blog for Music Video

I filmed all of my footage on my phone. I did this because I liked how easy it was and the quality of the video better than the camera. It was also a lot easier to dump my footage because my computer and phone are synced. I created a folder on my desktop named "Music Video - BTR". I then went into my photos app and moved the videos to the folder. I opened iMovie and dumped my footage. I moved my raw footage into the editing bar and watched it all together to see what to cut. Because of my filming style, my editing process was very simple. I cut up the two separate videos by verses and chorus. By the end of this, I had about 8 or 9 clips. However, there were duplicates so I had to decide which clips I would put in the final video.

I decided that the clip we filmed outside was much better than the one inside. So, I used more of the outside footage in my final video. I added no transitions in the video. I did this because when I watched the other Big Time Rush videos, they did not have any fancy transitions, just cuts. I added a fade in at the beginning to make it more dramatic. I also put the intro music during the fade to make it sound nicer. I am considering a fade out at the end so it can reflect the introduction. I really like how the transitions flow with the video. Because the video is due in 4 days, I can still touch up my video. However, I think for now it is very nice.

Adding the music to the background was also really easy. I had to go on YouTube to find the song. I then had to find an mp3 converter and paste the link into the site. The song downloaded to my computer as an mp3 and I uploaded it to my GarageBand app on my computer. I cut and changed the song so it could fit the timing and lip-syncing in my footage. I then downloaded the music again and imported it to my music video. I detached the audio from the footage and deleted it. I moved the song audio around until I got it to be perfectly in sync with the footage and then watched the video to make sure there were no mess ups. I had to trim a lot of clips for them to blend together between verses and chorus. In the end my video was about 1:14, which is right on time.

No comments:

Post a Comment