Monday, December 2, 2019

Filming Blog for Music Video: Actual Filming

Because I was on vacation for a week, we could not film our music video over the break. We had to wait until the day I got back and filmed all day yesterday. Some issues did come up with trying to get together. There was a lot of traffic, causing some of the actors to be almost 2 hours late. However, we made up for lost time by being efficient. My idea for filming was to film the same clip three times in three locations. However, this did not work because we got rid of the car scene. I wanted to have the actors coming out of the windows and singing. I decided against this because of safety concerns and not wanting to promote unsafe driving habits. So, we ended up filming in two locations: inside and outside.

I dressed the boys in a specific wardrobe as well. I wanted them to have a certain mid-2000s, grungy vibe. I made them wear jeans and v-neck t-shirts. We decided that for the two scenes, wearing shoes would be unnatural, so they wore socks. As for props, we were unable to get any. We wanted to use some pool toys, floats, and water shooters, but could not find the time to get them. We also planned on having a stage scene. This was transformed into the indoors scene where the boys are on the couch. I decided to do this because it would make the video more my own. One really good thing is that despite the setbacks, we are right on schedule.

We began inside, having the boys act natural and laidback. This gave the video an organic feeling, making it more realistic. The boys sat on the couch for the first two verses, and then began jumping around during the chorus. We had to film this a couple times to get the timing and lyrics right, but they learned very fast. We then moved outside. For this, I decided to make the boys start on opposite sides of the pool and cross over into different positions. I did not want to do choreography because I did not know to what extent they could dance. I really enjoyed filming this video because it seemed like the boys were having fun and enjoying themselves. This makes the video so much better because it does not look fabricated. Our filming process during this time was very simple and stress-free. I am very excited to edit and see how the final video turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment