Monday, February 24, 2020

Filming blog: Filming My Movie- First day

Due to timing conflict, I have to film my movie on two separate days. The other actor was unable to film on Saturday and cannot film during the week. We decided to film his parts yesterday, the 23rd. We began at 5 PM and finished around 7:15 PM. The reason we started so late was my actor had to film his movie first. I was also a part of his movie, and we decided that it would be smart to film both of our movies in my house. We filmed his movie for about 4 hours and we had to recharge my camera a few times. It wasn't dark outside yet, so we decided to film the inside portion of my film first. The part that we filmed first was the main male character getting ready for his date with "Amber". I used elements like pan, close up, over the shoulder, and many more. I wanted the viewers to feel like they were in the room with him and could feel his nervousness. I also wanted to create a fun, upbeat montage of him getting ready because I feel like it will add depth to the movie and show that it is not just a scary movie. After this we moved into the garage. Here we filmed the part that showed him after he was kidnapped and being held. Here there was an issue with light. I could not turn off the lights in the garage completely because the camera would not be able to pick anything up; it was pitch black. I decided to leave the lights on, and hopefully I can fix the lighting in editing to make it darker. This part was also very easy, except that my camera's battery died right when we finished. Because of this we had to film the outside portion with my phone. For the outside part, it showed me creeping up on him, knocking him out, and putting him in my trunk. This part was difficult to figure out because of lighting and we didn't know whether or not we should use the flash. We decided to not use the flash, and again I hope I can fix it in editing.


^ Screenshot of me closing the trunk using a low angle, point of view shot from what would be the victim's perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment