Thursday, March 5, 2020

Peer Review: Watching Another Group’s Film

One thing I liked about the other group’s film was the storyline. The film is about a guy who gets robbed and has to find a way to get back all the money he lost in the robbery. I think it is a good idea for a movie and could be good as a mystery or comedy film. Their film was not finished, so I only got to see the second half. Because of this I feel like I can’t accurately judge their film fully. That being said, from what I can see, I think it would be beneficial to add some background music because right now with just dialogue, it sounds dry. My biggest suggestion would be to work on the editing more. In one scene, the main character is filming a pov but when he looks at the mirror you can see him holding the camera. I don't think this was intentional considering it isn't supposed to be a documentary where that would be a normal sight. Also another big issue is that of the titles. I realize that I only watched the second half of their film, but working on the titles would definitely be beneficial. Another concern of mine is that their second part is about 48 seconds. I worry that they may not be able to reach the 2 minute mark. Overall, I think the acting was not bad. It was a little stiff, but none of us are professional actors so I can't be too harsh on that. They also did not meet around five of the required shots and angles, but maybe they will include these in the other half. On the bright side, the transitions are clean, not choppy or immature looking. Also the lighting and sound were very good. The lighting matched the tone of the film and we are able to see everything clearly. The sound is great, you can hear everything clearly. However, there was only dialogue in what I saw, so no background music had been out in yet.



No comments:

Post a Comment