Monday, March 2, 2020

Editing blog: Finalizing My Editing

I've been running into a few issues with my film. My biggest issue is the time. My movie is currently about 3 minutes long, which is almost a minute over the cutoff. However, I can't find anything to get rid off without botching the storyline. I was considering getting rid of the scenes in the garage, but I feel like the movie will lose structure if I do this. There are some clips here and there that I might be able to cut, but the movie won't make a lot of sense. One idea I came up with was doing a voiceover for the movie and getting rid of the garage scene. If I do this, I can establish the "catfishing" plot and go into even more detail. This is, however, going to mess up my timeline and maybe put me behind schedule. I may be able to get it done by this Thursday, but most likely Friday or Saturday. In order to do this I would also have to come up with a script and take into consideration music, which I have also not done. The next few days will be focused on the different sounds I'll incorporate into my film. I have to work on adding my diegetic, non-diegetic, and ambient sound in addition to my voiceover. I'm beginning to worry about my film. Hopefully I can figure out the voiceover and time issue. My plan, once I'm done, is to do some peer review and see how else I can improve my film. I think that with a few more weeks work I can my film to where I really need it to be. Today I will work on finalizing my editing as much as I can. My biggest concern at this point is keeping my storyline and finding a way to to show the viewer what's happening. I might turn my speech in the garage into the voiceover and change the words.


These are the clips I am thinking about getting rid of.

No comments:

Post a Comment