Sunday, October 6, 2019

Introduction

My name is Maya. I am 16 years old and live in South Florida. I am in 11th grade at Fort Lauderdale High School. I really like my school. I moved to Fort Lauderdale High as a 10th grader from a Jewish day school in Cooper City. I'm really happy I moved to FLHS because I got to meet lifelong friends and make a lot of memories. I also really like my classes this year. My favorites are Sociology, Theater, English, and Spanish. I really like Sociology and English because they are the classes I am genuinely interested in and good at. I also really like my teachers this year. I'm really excited because this is my junior year. Soon I'll be taking the SAT and ACT and applying to colleges and ready to move out.

I enjoy cooking a lot. I come from many different backgrounds: Greek, Moroccan, Israeli, Irish, English, and American. Because of all the different backgrounds, I was able to learn how to cook within many cultures. This allowed me to expand my horizons and realize that I love food. My dad is from Israel, so he was able to bring Israeli culture into our house. This could be through tradition, food, religion, and more. My family is really important to me. I have two younger brothers: Aitan and Etai. One of them is in 10th grade and the other is in 1st grade. Lucky for me, my family lives close together, so we always get to see each other and hang out.

Something really interesting about me is I love music. I play multiple instruments like ukulele, guitar, and piano. Ever since I was young, I've always loved performing. I was the lead in all my school plays from kindergarten to 9th grade. I taught myself how to play all the instruments I know now. Signing has always been a passion of mine, even if it is not what I want to do career-wise. For a career I want to create and development my own skincare and makeup line. This would mean a lot of schooling in order to become a dermatologist, but it's a small price to pay.

No comments:

Post a Comment